When it’s time to plan for your engagement session, there are a few things I ask my clients before their session. I ask which season is their favorite, as well as what locations are significant to the couple that makes them feel the most comfortable being themselves in. From past shoots, there are instances where the couples aren’t sure which places they want to go. In that case, I pull out a location from this list and recommend it to them — seven amazing engagement session locations right in the DFW-area!
So you might be wondering… “What makes a good engagement location?” Typically for me, a good location checks off at least 2 of these 3 boxes:
– always has good and beautiful lighting
– it is easy to get to/parking is not hard to find
– the area is aesthetically pleasing and beautiful to be in
This does not mean that if your favorite spot is not on this list we will not go there. Absolutely not! These are merely my favorite locations to be at in the DFW to capture your love story in the elements you and your significant other feel most comfortable in.
1. The Pier at White Rock Lake
2. The Architecture and Scenery at Adriatica Village
3. The Various Gardens at the Dallas Arboretum
(The Dallas Arboretum Gardens)
4. The bridges in Davis Park and Prather Park, Dallas
5. The town center of Sundance Square and the Fort Worth Water Gardens
6. The Waterfall at Prairie Creek Park
7. The Indoor and Outdoor Staircases at The Olana
(The Olana Wedding Venue)
Each location has such great scenery and feel to them that allows me to help my clients to bring their vision to life. After seeing multiple spots in the DFW area, I find that these locations are reliable in not only making the clients happy, but also check off at least 2 of the boxes that make the perfect engagement session location. And hopefully these suggestions helped give you ideas of where you and your love would like your engagement session!